ottd civil war (development thread)

+3
toby
Total "Chad"
Mac B
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ottd civil war (development thread) Empty ottd civil war (development thread)

Post by Mac B July 28th 2017, 1:58 pm

idea for a rise of nations campaign

the kkkabal divides up into factions of two or three (depending on who will participate); in a maximized model this would be
oaky, stalin, tyson, epoch, spinny, mega, diseased, flade, and mac divided up into 4 factions of 2 and one wildcard or 3 factions of 3

Factions can be picked by the players amongst themselves but for the sake of this exemplary model im going to use some remedial matchmaking and go with the 3 factions of 3 model since it's more fair

United States of OTTD
Oaky
Spinny
Staleen (Chianese)

Looney Toons Squad
Mac B (Romans)
Tyson
Mayguh

Florida Rough Riders
Epoch (Germans)
Diseased (French)
Flade

The game can either be played in a tourney fashion (simplest and quickest) or if yall want to go through the extra effort, have it like an actual Rise of Nations campaign map (we can use that old map i made for that other forum game) where you control territories on a map and have to move your armies with each turn. (there's more game making to this and it'll take longer)

For the convoluted campaign option; Each player of each faction is effectively their own state with their own army (like any normal gameplay) and are a collective nation under their faction. The ultimate goal is conquest of the entire ottd map, or ridding it of the other factions. You gain territory naturally through battles and moving your army - moving your army on an unclaimed territory instantly makes it yours. If an enemy faction moves their army on your territory it initiates a battle and the winner of the battle gets the territory and a stationary army for that territory. All players of a faction have their own armies that can move independently on each turn, and allied armies can move through eachother's territories freely. Two allied armies moving into a territory populated by one army (static or not) starts a 2v1 of those players (or you could surrender the territory to avoid a battle), for this reason it is equally important to be strategic on the map to prevent things like this. Every player has it's own territorial capital, taking it over will remove that player from the game. Defeating a player's independent army will send it back to it's capital.

Depending on the estimated game time, every 3 turns or so will cause a global age advance, for example the first few turns will have battles starting from ancient age and ending in enlightenment, the next few will have gunpowder age to modern, and the final few will be industrial to information age.

In the campaign, you can only be the nation you pick from the start, and you can only be the same nation as someone in your faction. (This is to say, if Spinny is German, only Stalin and Oaky can choose to be German as well, not that you must be German if one player in your faction is) However, similar to an ingame campaign, if you defeat a player by taking their territorial capital, you can be their nation for a battle.

Estimated total game time: 1-2 weeks

Tourney option: Each faction battles in matches they see fit (ex:a 2v2 of spinny and stalin vs diseased and flade, or an all-out 3v3 of of the looney toons squad vs the florida rough riders), or a tourney of 1v1s from each faction until the champions of each faction battle eachother in a 1v1v1 or consecutive 1v1s)

Estimated total game time 2-4 nights

In either game mode, the last standing faction, or winner of that faction, gets the Big Weenie Award

edit as needed to make it more plausible

Last edited by Mac B on August 13th 2017, 8:41 am; edited 3 times in total
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

volume of testosterone : 213331

Back to top Go down

ottd civil war (development thread) Empty Re: ottd civil war (development thread)

Post by Total "Chad" July 28th 2017, 2:08 pm

sounds sexy
Total
Total "Chad"
Grand Mac Daddy Big Mac

volume of testosterone : 155850

http://www.otthunderdome.com/

Back to top Go down

ottd civil war (development thread) Empty Re: ottd civil war (development thread)

Post by Mac B July 28th 2017, 2:32 pm

the big weenie award is at stake we msut
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by toby July 28th 2017, 2:57 pm

could totally see it working as a campaign map style thing and it could be neat if territories had specific bonuses that you got from taking them(example: holding the anaphora gives +2000 food/wood/etc to the holding faction at the start of the game)
though i'm not sure if ron multiplayer allows you to give additional cash or resources to a single player
toby
toby
Toby

volume of testosterone : 117621

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B July 28th 2017, 3:39 pm

it doesnt which is why i didnt add anything like that.
the only thing i could think of is a capital battle starting with 3x more resources because an established capital would have shit covered already
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by him July 28th 2017, 5:50 pm

FUCK YEAH DISEASED LETS GOGOGOGO

if the RoN editor wasnt absolute fucking garbage id make custom maps for us

the only problem is when it comes to players like oaky and i

looney toons squad is pretty underpowered because it comprises of totally new players but if anyone wants to actually improve i could help

other than that i like the idea of a campaign thing
him
him
Praetorian of Liberty

volume of testosterone : 300334
Location : 100 FT UNDER THE WATER CUZ FLORIDA IS LEEETERULLY SINKING!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by him July 28th 2017, 5:52 pm

toby wrote:could totally see it working as a campaign map style thing and it could be neat if territories had specific bonuses that you got from taking them(example: holding the anaphora gives +2000 food/wood/etc to the holding faction at the start of the game)
though i'm not sure if ron multiplayer allows you to give additional cash or resources to a single player
if we used custom scenario maps there would be a lot we could do with the script editor
him
him
Praetorian of Liberty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B July 28th 2017, 8:03 pm

spicy wrote:if the RoN editor wasnt absolute fucking garbage id make custom maps for us
i was thinking of that but i didn't think you could use custom maps in multiplayer cuz i never saw em up as an option

spicy wrote:looney toons squad is pretty underpowered because it comprises of totally new players but if anyone wants to actually improve i could help
yea i tried doing the faction matchmaking based on skill but idk how good everyone is
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by him July 28th 2017, 8:52 pm

Mac B wrote:
spicy wrote:if the RoN editor wasnt absolute fucking garbage id make custom maps for us
i was thinking of that but i didn't think you could use custom maps in multiplayer cuz i never saw em up as an option
Hmmmm, I never actually checked. And something that makes it even worse is youre forced to play whatever nation was set in the scenario editor (like for instance if blue is chinese, then who ever is in the 2nd player slot has to play as the color blue and the nation chinese)

I mean its a simple fix to just choose civ and color before hand and join the game in that order, but it's still stupid and something that isn't necessary
I don't know any other RTS that does that. It was like a conscious decision.

Mac B wrote:
spicy wrote:looney toons squad is pretty underpowered because it comprises of totally new players but if anyone wants to actually improve i could help
yea i tried doing the faction matchmaking based on skill but idk how good everyone is
Everyone except for seth and I are of similar skill.
him
him
Praetorian of Liberty

Back to top Go down

Post by george lucas July 29th 2017, 10:44 am

i see the skill levels like this

1. epoch
2. oaky
3. me flade stalin diseased and maybe tyson but ive only seem him play last night
4. mega mac (sorry guys)
george lucas
george lucas
This brain is protected by
This brain is protected by

volume of testosterone : 54181

Back to top Go down

Post by Total "Chad" July 29th 2017, 3:56 pm

5. link
Total
Total "Chad"
Grand Mac Daddy Big Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Total "Chad" July 29th 2017, 3:57 pm

This sounds dope so fuck
Total
Total "Chad"
Grand Mac Daddy Big Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by him July 29th 2017, 4:34 pm

(we can use that old map i made for that other forum game)

ay mac can we see this again

also i checked and under game rules you can select a custom scenario.
him
him
Praetorian of Liberty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B July 29th 2017, 5:18 pm

already sent these over skype but to make it more accessible
ottd civil war (development thread) Ottdma11
ottd civil war (development thread) Ottdma10
abv.
AP - Anaphora
EHQ - Extremely High Quality Posts
HQP - High Quality Posts/ Og Co
CR - Creative
CC - Corndog Commrancy
CL - Chatlogs
WG - Wiki General
VG - Vidjagaymes
MTB - Movies TV Books Media
HI - Hardware Issues
OB - Otx is a Blog
WB - Wingateberg
TE - Tysonee

the numbers represent political power
for the campaign we should probably start out with like all faction's armies in one corner coming in from the sea or a small territory

and anaphora should be locked until most of the map is inhabited by the factions. battle for the anaphora type shit.
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B August 1st 2017, 7:48 pm

Updated Map
old:
ottd civil war (development thread) Ottdma13

When controlling a territory you receive the resource bonus (for each battle under your faction ) it gives for as long as you occupy the territory - if you lose it, the bonus goes toward the winner of the territory naturally.
Additionally, most territories have a unique rare resource to them - this rare resource will be in the advantage of the player occupying that territory if a battle happens there. This does not mean there will only be that resource, but that resource will spawn close to the holding
nation's starting point. Alternatively, you can choose to have that resource spawn in another territory close to your starting point, but it will no longer be in it's original territory.

Territories and their bonuses

OTTD CONTINENTAL TERRITORIES
AP - Anaphora - (locked until the global industrial age.)
Bonus:+100food,wood,metal,knowledge.+150oil./RareResource:Rubber,TitaniumCompleted
EHQ - ExtremelyHighQuality Posts +30Wealth+75Oil/Rare Resource:Papyrus Completed
HQP - High Quality Posts/ Og Co - + 30Metal+40 Oil/Rare Resource:Obsidian Completed
CR - Creative - + +25 Wealth +25 Knowledge / Rare Resource: Marble Completed
CC - Corndog Commrancy - +25 Food / Rare Resource:  Bison Completed
CL - Chatlogs - +30 Knowledge / Rare Resource: Gems Completed
WG - Wiki General - +30 Knowledge / Rare Resource: Relics Completed
VG - Vidjagaymes - +25 Food / Rare Resource: Furs Completed
MTB - Movies TV Books Media - +25 Timber / Rare Resource: Peacocks Completed
HI - Hardware Issues - +25 Metal / Rare Resource: Copper Completed
OB - Otx is a Blog - + 10 Timber / Rare Resource: Whales Completed
OTTD1 - +50 Knowledge / Rare Resource: Coal, Gems Completed
WB - Wingateberg - + 30 Food + 30 Timber / Rare Resource: Sulphur Completed
TE - Tysonee - + 25 Food +35 Timber / Rare Resource: Tobacco Completed
MH - Mohickey - + 30 food / Rare Resource: Cotton Completed
SM - Sugarfoot Mountains - +40 metal / Rare Resource: Silver Completed
SF - San FraNino - +25 metal +40 oil / Rare Resource: Aluminum Completed
DR - Dingo Republic - +40 Food / Rare Resource: Sugar Completed
WO - Wumpus Oasis - +25 Timber / Rare Resource: Spice Completed
Toblerono Territory - +10 Food / Rare Resource: Spice  Completed

CHINTECISTAN CONTINENTAL TERRIRORIES

Kansas - +35 Food / Rare Resource: Wool Completed
Kansas River - +15 Food / Rare Resource: Amber Completed
Great Plains Of Gyuewark - +30 Food / Rare Resource: Horses Completed
Mount Elbert - + +40 Metal / Rare Resource: Diamonds Completed
Western Colorado Mountains - +25 Metal / Rare Resource: Coal Completed
Eastern Colorado Mountains - +25 Wealth / Rare Resource: Amber Completed
Zacmac's Swamp - +30 Timber / Rare Resource: Tobacco Completed
Nog Bog - +25 Food / Rare Resource: Sulphur Completed
Wing Coast - +35 Timber / Rare Resource: Wine Completed
Amsk8r's Frozen wasteland - +10 Food / Rare Resource: Uranium Completed
Big Boy Tundra - +30 Wood / Rare Resource: Furs Completed
Port Brown - +20 Timber +30 Food / Rare Resource: Wine Completed
Chink Isles - +20 Timber +30 Knowledge / Rare Resource: Papyrus Completed
Isis HQ - +25 Metal +75 Oil / Rare Resource: Uranium Completed
West Isis - +25 Oil / Rare Resource: Rubber Completed
East Isis - +25 Oil / Rare Resource: Sulphur Completed
Ramadan City - +25 Oil / Rare Resource: Silk Completed
North Chintodia - +25 Knowledge / Rare Resource: Dye Completed
South Chindtodia - + 25 Timber / Rare Resource: Obsidian Completed
The P.I - +20 Food / Rare Resource: Citrus Completed

Territory Wonders:

Mohickey Monument - Start each battle with a fort and 2 additional generals. (Location: Mohickey)
Dingo Treasury - Start each battle with one random wonder already built (Location: Dingo Republic)
Historians - Start each battle with a filled university and an extra scout (Location: OTTD1)
Tyrant Mod Battle Standard - Start each battle with a random rare resource. Does not replace any rare resource you move to a battle. (Location: Anaphora)
The Crest of Birdman - Start with an airbase with 5 bombers (Location: Extremely High Quality Posts)
RAT Virus -  Start each battle with +3 spies. If in Industrial age, grants an airbase. (Location: Amsk8r's Frozen Wasteland)
Sandnigger Militia - Start each battle with a barracks and stockade. (Location: ISIS HQ)
Port-able Missile Shield - Make any one battle No-Nukes, or move it to a territory to prevent it from being nuked(Location: Port Brown)
Eskimo Mercanaries - Start each battle with +2 infantry, +2 heavy infantry, and a spy to your starting army (Location: Mount Elbert)
Buddy Christ - Start each battle with two cities and a temple in both Location: (Kansas)[/color]

Last edited by Mac B on August 26th 2017, 1:42 pm; edited 44 times in total
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B August 1st 2017, 7:52 pm

tl;dr basically every territory you conquer gives you a common resource bonus at the start of each battle (for example, starting with 30 extra food and knowledge). Controlling enough territory makes battles much faster and intensive.
each territory also has a rare resource that you can allocate to another state/territory to have it spawn near your city if a battle takes place there but it will only happen in the territory you found it by default.

May post more versions of the map tomorrow, like with just the rare resources or just the names.
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by him August 1st 2017, 8:07 pm

desert should give an oil bonus late game
him
him
Praetorian of Liberty

Back to top Go down

Post by him August 1st 2017, 9:04 pm

lmao the specific ocean
him
him
Praetorian of Liberty

Back to top Go down

Post by Total "Chad" August 1st 2017, 9:08 pm

nibbas gotta add the special dingus kahn unit
Total
Total "Chad"
Grand Mac Daddy Big Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B August 1st 2017, 9:11 pm

spicy wrote:desert should give an oil bonus late game
true, did overlook this
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by Total "Chad" August 1st 2017, 9:14 pm

arab bonus late game: jihad units
Total
Total "Chad"
Grand Mac Daddy Big Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B August 3rd 2017, 2:15 pm

9 down
so far the Otx Is A Blog map is probably my most uniquely made. it's basically a tiny cramped up lil arctic surrounded by the ocean (and with 2 lakes on the already tiny island). there's enough room for cities and infantry but you're right in front of eachother the entire time so naval dominance is important while also having to balance a decent land army so you dont get raided

i would post pics (and might still) but i don't want to spoil too much of the exploration aspect of it all
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B August 3rd 2017, 4:14 pm

update
can't get the maps to work in multiplayer
tried this video but the map doesn't show up in the scenario thing
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B August 12th 2017, 7:12 pm

map production is back on now that ive found a hacked up way to get them work

to keep things equally interesting i am gonna add some specific gameboard wonders
gotten by conquering certain territories, maybe, or winning a battle on them ill figure it out but itll be shit like, bring 3 extra units to your next battle, or start with an extra city or something. or make them extra nation powers that you can get by conquering that nation

and that'll be probably be the last of the territory bonuses im putting in, cause anything else would make it needlessly complex

oh yeah and there are gonna be nukes once i figure out a way to balance them

Last edited by Mac B on August 12th 2017, 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B August 12th 2017, 7:13 pm

so if yall interested, start posting what civs youre gonna play as through the campaign

im roman
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next