Why are there no good building games?

5 posters

Go down

Why are there no good building games? Empty Why are there no good building games?

Post by iamtheman December 27th 2014, 4:51 am

I like games where I can create or edit content (like Dark Cloud), but lately it seems a lot of modern ones are just eh. ROBLOX is decent but it seems to lack an identity, one minute it wants to be "developer" tool, and the next it wants to be a social networking site again. I think this overall effects the content that the community produces in varying ways.

Minecraft is bad in general. It's artstyle is bad, optimization is bad, and there's not much interlinked content.

Blockland has some great screenshots but the movement controls in my experience were floaty, and the building controls were honestly awful. I don't see myself getting used to that kind of scheme without taking 10+ minutes to set up a brick how I want it to be. The community isn't that good either.

I also tried out Kogama for the heck of it, only around 2 maybe 3/5th's of the game's building content was available to the free player.

Are there any building games out there that make you go wow and want you to play them? or what?
iamtheman
iamtheman

volume of testosterone : 0

Back to top Go down

Why are there no good building games? Empty Re: Why are there no good building games?

Post by Total "Chad" December 27th 2014, 9:38 am

physblocks is the best building game imho
Total
Total "Chad"
Grand Mac Daddy Big Mac

volume of testosterone : 155850

http://www.otthunderdome.com/

Back to top Go down

Why are there no good building games? Empty Re: Why are there no good building games?

Post by Ugly December 27th 2014, 9:42 am

I love blockland
Ugly
Ugly
the commissioner

volume of testosterone : 130192

Back to top Go down

Post by trashboat December 27th 2014, 10:49 am

uhm minecraft is the best? it's so good that telltale are making an episodic story mode for it!
trashboat
trashboat
keepin it real

volume of testosterone : 2520

Back to top Go down

Post by salty December 27th 2014, 11:46 am

SmokeTheHardest 420 2k14 wrote:physblocks is the best building game imho
agreed as dev its unparalleled
salty
salty
STILL UNSTOPPABLE

volume of testosterone : 293647

http://www.otthunderdome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down