what is wrong with my dad's internet connection

4 posters

Go down

what is wrong with my dad's internet connection Empty what is wrong with my dad's internet connection

Post by him January 19th 2016, 2:48 pm

okay so my dad got a new computer with windowz 10 and he has his connection set up through a usb internet adapter but that's because the modem has to be in my room because for some reason that feces (the adapter) doesnt work on my computer, but that's beside the point
sometimes when he tries to download feces his internet will cut out does anyone know what would cause this? is the adapter feces? (netgear n900 wifi usb adapter) we have really good internet.
another thing is this hasnt happened before we've had these adapters for a few years.
him
him
Praetorian of Liberty

volume of testosterone : 300334
Location : 100 FT UNDER THE WATER CUZ FLORIDA IS LEEETERULLY SINKING!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

what is wrong with my dad's internet connection Empty Re: what is wrong with my dad's internet connection

Post by salty January 19th 2016, 3:12 pm

is it plugged into the front USB panel rather than the one in the back of your computer?
salty
salty
STILL UNSTOPPABLE

volume of testosterone : 293647

http://www.otthunderdome.com

Back to top Go down

what is wrong with my dad's internet connection Empty Re: what is wrong with my dad's internet connection

Post by Magician January 19th 2016, 3:23 pm

Did you try with a regular ethernet cable or wireless to see if the problem definitely is the adapter?

Magician

volume of testosterone : 21426

Back to top Go down

Post by him January 19th 2016, 4:07 pm

oaky wrote:is it plugged into the front USB panel rather than the one in the back of your computer?
nope, it's in the back

Magician wrote:Did you try with a regular ethernet cable or wireless to see if the problem definitely is the adapter?
we havent tried with an ethernet cable because like i said the modem has to be in my room, and im on the other side of the house, and the reason we have the adapter is because it cant have a wireless connection without one.
him
him
Praetorian of Liberty

Back to top Go down

Post by Magician January 19th 2016, 4:16 pm

Maybe it's the modem?
Are you able to configure it? Had something similar before and I fixed it by reserving an address.

Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by him January 19th 2016, 5:18 pm

Magician wrote:Maybe it's the modem?
Are you able to configure it? Had something similar before and I fixed it by reserving an address.
hmmmm, idk, we'll try.
him
him
Praetorian of Liberty

Back to top Go down

Post by Magician January 19th 2016, 5:19 pm

Be careful fiddling with it obviously.

Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by appernitce January 19th 2016, 5:41 pm

Have the same issue with my adapter, although I have a different brand. Netgear's website says it supports up to Win 7, same deal with mine, so I'm thinking that might have something to do with it bugging out half the time. If fiddling with the router doesn't work get a new adapter and make sure it's compatible with 8 or 10.
appernitce
appernitce

volume of testosterone : 22684

Back to top Go down

Post by him January 19th 2016, 5:55 pm

Apprentipants wrote:Have the same issue with my adapter, although I have a different brand. Netgear's website says it supports up to Win 7, same deal with mine, so I'm thinking that might have something to do with it bugging out half the time. If fiddling with the router doesn't work get a new adapter and make sure it's compatible with 8 or 10.
alright ill try that out

thanks everyone
him
him
Praetorian of Liberty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down