toby
toby
Toby

volume of testosterone : 117621

Back to top Go down

mac b's diy general - Page 7 Empty Re: mac b's diy general

Post by Mac B February 2nd 2017, 4:36 pm

just saw this post ^

Sure as hell do, they're going to take a bit more to develop though to get a good product. I can tell ya right now, my worchestershire sauce i made in the middle of summer (still got a half bottle of it because I don't want to use it all up before i can make more) primarily used a mixture in a saucepan of
-Soy Sauce
-Apple Cider Vinegar
-Ground Black Pepper
-Cinnamon Powder
-Garlic Powder
-Brown Sugar
boiled together for 20-40 minutes on on and off cycles iirc correctly, not the best way to do it. There wasn't really any emulsifier so all the seasonings just kinda settle in the bottom but you can still taste their essences. Don't remember the exact measurements I used, either.
Of course on retrospect it wasn't legit worchestershire sauce but when I get back on it I'll refine it to get closer to the original. Tastes damn good though. Really my pride out of those sauce projects I did, I've got a few recipes on the scratchboard rn though, I'll post them when I get closer to their projects.

Back to the whiskey, I'll have a final pic tomorrow. I also feel I didn't do a complete run with the still so I'll be trying it maybe tomorrow night, what I use from it's collection though most likely will not be for the Longstreet, seeing as most of it's likely to be low hearts and tails anyways. I still have the tails from my first batch of hooch, so when I get enough collected up I figure I'll throw em all back in the still and get some higher abv shit off it. I'll likely do some flavoring experimentation on what I can squeeze out if nothing else.
You'll see in the pic tomorrow but the jars have taken a darker color around the bottom and the cinnamon sticks I popped in have unraveled or broken. Not sure how that works out.

Also, the dude who's this is a gift for isn't going to be free for at least a couple of weeks so it might as well be aging for that time.
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

volume of testosterone : 213331

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B February 4th 2017, 10:12 pm

The Longstreet week 2

mac b's diy general - Page 7 16487061_641120386091630_3417334283334711237_o

mac b's diy general - Page 7 16463699_641120499424952_877988992291535167_o
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B February 5th 2017, 2:19 pm

my brother stopped by to taste it, his wench too
took plenty outta both jars, but theres enough for what its bein saved for
i informed him one of the bottles had more cinnamon than oak and ofc the other had much more oak and few cinnamon
he says the one with more cinnamon has a really sharp kick to it (which he personally likes) and the one with more oak goes down real smooth but still retains the tasteful prospects of a good whiskey (alright i was patting myself on the back with that kind of diction but that's basically what he said)
he seemed to really like it, offered to buy one of the jars til i informed him they were spoken for, urged me to make another batch n i said I would when I could . he compared it to jack daniels fire or whatever their brand of spiced whiskey is called, which is a huge compliment for me
Got a feeling I hit a home run with this recipe. in fact, this sounds highly superficial but there may come a time where, after appropriate refining, i'll have to put it on lockdown - im damn proud of it.
I figure i'll be whipping up another batch of it when convenient, I really got all I need for it save rye malt. then again im sure theres plenty alcohol left undistilled in the first batch thats still sittin in my still, but I bet they're tails and I don't use tails for primary product.
if its as good as my brother says it is i reckon i could make a buck off it.
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B February 6th 2017, 12:04 pm

Considering actually investing in an oak barrel
I suppose it'd be good for long term use, and seeing as how I can get a whole flavoring kit for 60 bones (think i posted that earlier)it's not as bad as last thought
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B February 21st 2017, 9:16 am

Gonna make some Sujamma
Was gonna try making some hot sauce but having to get groceries first held me off on that
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B February 28th 2017, 5:57 pm

I'm gonna do another run of The Longstreet after this batch of white dog to keep my bro at bay, basically same recipe, but afterwards I may step up and do an all grain no-extract brew.
It'll be brew in a bag because I'm not made of fucking money for mash tuns but I'm eager as the landscape is much wider and you get a lot more control over the brew. With briess malt extracts you get your standard malts and styles (ale, dark, stout, rye, etcetera) which is all well and good but I'm ready to try some shit like 'Midnight Wheat', 'Chocolate Rye' and 'Cherry Smoked Malt'
like i said, new territory.
If I could find an extra spicy rye that'd be perfect for The Longstreet. Hell, all things given, my all grain might turn into it if not some good ol corn whiskey,
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B March 2nd 2017, 3:30 pm

watch your fucking dead twink ass clyde may
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B March 2nd 2017, 3:33 pm

developing a strong alabama whiskey to be my signature
this and the longstreet are gonna rock this fuckin state

you know when i can get it in liquor stores by legal means
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B March 4th 2017, 6:50 am

my pot still is fuckin filthy
im gonna try makin one in a few months but for now i got the idea of doing a modification

basically, if i havent made it clear, the condenser on this thing is a fuckin atrocity
and how i have to run the still doesn't allow me to provide the cooling method it needs for maximum effeciency
so instead, I'm gonna modify this so it bypasses the original condenser and goes into one of my own making which im considering to be basically an ice bucket if i can or really anything where water can be drained closer to the sink
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B March 4th 2017, 11:48 pm

jesus motherfucking christ what a fucking disaster
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B March 26th 2017, 4:59 pm

heres what the fuck is going down
gonna clean up my still and brew up this batch next weekend
last whiskey recipe here for a while if not ever, might delete this post and start over soon.

5 pounds corn 5 pounds dark/toasted rye in 4 gallons of water
brew it up. steep any specialty grains.
ferment 1 week minimum 2 weeks recommended, by then it will be a complete thin whiskey mash.
distill to a hearts of 65-90 abv
here you will have Mac B's White Devil Whiskey, moonshine, hooch, the unrefined quick-buck predecessor to this full recipe.

Filter through charcoal
Toast some red oak chips/stick, add to full product alongside hickory of the same volume. Sit for a week. Add cinnamon sticks approx. 1/3 of the total red oak. Sit for a week.
Remove from wood and cinnamon, store salvageable for use in another batch.
Now you have Mac B's Red Devil Rebel

For Fireball variant, when adding cinnamon, add as much cinnamon as red oak, and age an additional week before removing. This here is Mac B's "Fire on the Mountain" Sinner's Whiskey

I was gonna make a joke about adding baked apples to it and calling it "Clyde May's Apple Pies from Hell" but given the previous names it wouldnt be obvious that it was a joke.
Tired of this shit. I gotta be running the still every fuckin weekend but its never possible.
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7