him
cya
Mac B
alyaza
11 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

what should i name my book

quantumbound general - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%quantumbound general - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
quantumbound general - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%quantumbound general - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
quantumbound general - Page 4 I_vote_lcap100%quantumbound general - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 7

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

quantumbound general - Page 4 Empty Re: quantumbound general

Post by Zilchexo September 12th 2016, 12:53 am

oaky wrote:okay fd i was gonna go ahead and critique the ghostbin leak of your novel but theres no fucking WORD WRAP what the fuck
yeah i saw that and i was like "Wat Tha Fuq" just pour it into MS Word i guess i don't think ghostbin has a setting for it
@room i am writing i just know the title is a huge part of marketing and i don't want to be stuck with a title i won't like
@dogman yep that much is true, if your book is exceptional and the publisher believes in it it will sell it can do any numbers. but the title helps push it just a little bit, and also what i mentioned to room about it being more personal than anything. i decided bound bird as interesting as it sounds is too dark and even igneous is more forward, so unless someone else has an epiphany it seems like it's going to stay igneous
Brewmaster Mac wrote:your book won't be a best seller dude lol
WOw very rude1!!
Zilchexo
Zilchexo
Pedophile

volume of testosterone : -266157

Back to top Go down

Post by toby September 12th 2016, 1:33 am

tbh if i saw a book named bound bird i'd think it was one of those emo teenage romance novels with a suicidal chick who cuts herself and some generic male dude who makes it all better with his romantic skills
toby
toby
Toby

volume of testosterone : 117621

Back to top Go down

Post by toby September 12th 2016, 1:39 am

so good call there
toby
toby
Toby

Back to top Go down

Post by Zilchexo September 12th 2016, 2:05 am

samoyed wrote:tbh if i saw a book named bound bird i'd think it was one of those emo teenage romance novels with a suicidal chick who cuts herself and some generic male dude who makes it all better with his romantic skills
it's honestly a great name for like a soundtrack or an article (special snowflake word for chapter) but if everyone at school was talking about a book called "bound bird" i still wouldn't even look into it for the reason you stated. it's a real shame though because my second assumption would be "sounds interesting" but it's in a distant second place because of how much all these retarded gone girl/twilight knockoffs get drummed up
Zilchexo
Zilchexo
Pedophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zilchexo September 12th 2016, 12:14 pm

room wrote:fd you also are aware you still have time to make a title while you're writing the book right
room wrote:theres no publisher to pitch this shit to.
yeah but if i'm going to start talking about this book i should probably have a name for it. i could change it later but that being said igneous is really growing on me. unless you guys think it's awful i see no reason to change it. really the only reason i'm bringing up the title is because i think someone on here did and my cousin (not neci the other one) also told me just "quantumbound" sounded like pseudoscience bdsm. really it's a question of sooner or later, and there wasn't any harm in doing it sooner, and i've settled on a title anyway- i'll ask my agent and publisher if they have any ideas as well and if any of them are a strikeout i'll take that one instead.
Zilchexo
Zilchexo
Pedophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B September 12th 2016, 4:27 pm

fd wrote:WOw very rude1!!
lol dude the only people's who's first novel is a best seller are hacks and people with big connections in that industry
dont see how you haven't looked at the reality on this , if you expect to write a book, push it on a publisher and tell him to make it a best seller and suck your donnigald while theyre at it, then you're in for a rude awakening
shit, i'd say that for it being financially successful.

but you're a writer, aren't ya
that shouldn't curb your spirit or your ability to write. if you were making books to sell, you wouldn't be writing books about angry emo mexicans and quantum physics dragons. wanting it to sell is one thing, but expecting it to sell is pretty arrogant.
don't even worry about what it'll look like on the shelf yet, you don't have anything to put on the shelf. have a referential temp name for the book and make up the shelf name after you've finished it so you have a better idea of what you're addressing.
it's to my understanding that this is a labor of love, and if this is correct, take my advice and treat it like one. infuse your ideas with techniques and put the words on paper. if people don't like it, then they don't, what matters is that if you like it and can be proud of it, if nothing more for than the work you put into it.

plus why would a commie want to have a best seller?
rolling in that CAPITALIST PIG dough????
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

volume of testosterone : 213331

Back to top Go down

Post by Zilchexo September 12th 2016, 7:40 pm

Brewmaster Mac wrote:lol dude the only people's who's first novel is a best seller are hacks and people with big connections in that industry
dont see how you haven't looked at the reality on this , if you expect to write a book, push it on a publisher and tell him to make it a best seller and suck your donnigald while theyre at it, then you're in for a rude awakening
shit, i'd say that for it being financially successful.
most people's debut novels aren't this good though. stephen king sells gangbusters and he makes decisions that i cringe at, both plot-wise and text-wise. i think if i rely on word of mouth and social media more than books usually have i can get there because i think it's a solid and in many ways extraordinary book that people will want to tell their friends about. i obviously think it deserves to be a success, i think it should be a success and i think it can be a success, but that doesn't mean it will. of course, that doesn't mean the market is the gamble people like to portray it as- these figures usually include self-published works, small-time houses, non-fiction... stuff that's not mass market anyway.
but you're a writer, aren't ya
that shouldn't curb your spirit or your ability to write. if you were making books to sell, you wouldn't be writing books about angry emo mexicans and quantum physics dragons. wanting it to sell is one thing, but expecting it to sell is pretty arrogant.
disregarding the fact that a book is much likely to become a best-seller if it's part of a series i don't expect to sell, i just think it's likely. i'm still saying "if" of course. the idea is that the market is ready for something that's not genre crap. i'm trying to tap into the audience of people who don't usually read as well as win the acclaim of the critics. we'll see how it goes, but i don't intend to make huge royalties on these books which could further incentivize the publishers to work on my terms and trust the book as much as i do.
don't even worry about what it'll look like on the shelf yet, you don't have anything to put on the shelf. have a referential temp name for the book and make up the shelf name after you've finished it so you have a better idea of what you're addressing.
i'm aware of this possibility which is why i mentioned talking to my agent and the publisher
it's to my understanding that this is a labor of love, and if this is correct, take my advice and treat it like one. infuse your ideas with techniques and put the words on paper. if people don't like it, then they don't, what matters is that if you like it and can be proud of it, if nothing more for than the work you put into it.
i agree with you here. if it doesn't catch on i will die with the regret that it never did and it never got made into a movie or anything like that but what's most important to me is to get this book out
plus why would a commie want to have a best seller?
rolling in that CAPITALIST PIG dough????
i know this is shitposting but commies aren't actually opposed to making more money than other people, they're opposed to people owning more capital ("Stuff That Makes Stuff") and opportunity than other people.
Zilchexo
Zilchexo
Pedophile

Back to top Go down

Post by george lucas September 12th 2016, 8:11 pm

you better not be one to be like "WTF you stopped reading halfway through???? fuck you finish the story asshole wtf"

i had to go recreate my quotes page to find that directly
george lucas
george lucas
This brain is protected by

volume of testosterone : 54181

Back to top Go down

Post by Zilchexo September 12th 2016, 8:14 pm

keemstar wrote:you better not be one to be like "WTF you stopped reading halfway through???? fuck you finish the story asshole wtf"

i had to go recreate my quotes page to find that directly
i'm not sure what you mean but i'll go off what i think you mean.
if you mean people who get maxturbosalt that people didn't care to finish their work because it got dull at one point or whatever i won't do that, the more people that stop reading my novel the more likely it is to be an issue with the actual text. i don't think pacing or excitement will be an issue but people might decide it's stupid or preachy and put it down, which is its own issue.
Zilchexo
Zilchexo
Pedophile

Back to top Go down

Post by george lucas September 12th 2016, 8:14 pm

most people's debut novels aren't this good though.
you think mighty high of urself boi
george lucas
george lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by Zilchexo September 12th 2016, 8:17 pm

keemstar wrote:
most people's debut novels aren't this good though.
you think mighty high of urself boi
i mean it's objective fact dae i'm not comparing my work to the brothers karamazov i'm just stating something that should be evident from simple reading that i'm a practiced writer despite never having published (well outside online anyway) and should be compared to practiced writers and not your run of the mill debut novel, and i'm not saying my book is harry potter either i'm just saying books like mine, harry potter and eragon are outliers regarding the "debut novels are shit and sell like shit like they deserve to" trend
Zilchexo
Zilchexo
Pedophile

Back to top Go down

Post by george lucas September 12th 2016, 8:33 pm

riiiiiiiiiight
george lucas
george lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by Zilchexo September 12th 2016, 8:34 pm

don't have to be so passive aggressive dude
Zilchexo
Zilchexo
Pedophile

Back to top Go down

Post by george lucas September 12th 2016, 8:44 pm

you're being mighty cocky there
george lucas
george lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by Zilchexo September 12th 2016, 8:48 pm

"My book is better than at least 50% of debut novels" is like saying your shit doesn't smell like nuclear holocaust
Zilchexo
Zilchexo
Pedophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac B September 12th 2016, 8:50 pm

fd wrote:most people's debut novels aren't this good though.
right off the bat that is an insane disservice to many debut novels
just because you're writing at the ripe age of I assume 16 doesn't make your novel any more better than that of the man who wrote his life story as a marine and welder at age 37
you have no fucking idea what you're comparing yourself to, and I mean that in the most concrete literal sense. you do not.

fd wrote: i think if i rely on word of mouth and social media more than books usually have i can get there because i think it's a solid and in many ways extraordinary book that people will want to tell their friends about.
word of mouth and social media?
surely no book has tried that before!

fd wrote:disregarding the fact that a book is much likely to become a best-seller if it's part of a series
lol
fd wrote:. i obviously think it deserves to be a success, i think it should be a success and i think it can be a success
as an excersize i want you to ask yourself why you think that and write down the answers you come up with
(not to post here just as a personal reference)

genre crap wrote:the idea is that the market is ready for something that's not genre crap.
i mean
fantasy is a pretty oversaturated genre tbh

fd wrote: i'm trying to tap into the audience of people who don't usually read as well as win the acclaim of the critics.
a lot of authors try that. you need to know how

food wrote:commies aren't actually opposed to making more money than other people
oh so youre one of those capitalist commies
cause most commies i met think capitalism should be purely abolished

fd wrote:opposed to people owning more capital ("Stuff That Makes Stuff") and opportunity than other people.
owning stuff that makes stuff is totally bitchin have you ever tried it
Mac B
Mac B
CASIO MT220

volume of testosterone : 213331

Back to top Go down

Post by george lucas September 12th 2016, 8:50 pm

i dont think 50% of debut novels are the works of chuck tingle
george lucas
george lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by toby September 12th 2016, 8:58 pm

wow flaming
you don't think you're being a little cocky
toby
toby
Toby

Back to top Go down

Post by Zilchexo September 12th 2016, 8:58 pm

Brewmaster Mac wrote:
fd wrote:most people's debut novels aren't this good though.
right off the bat that is an insane disservice to many debut novels
just because you're writing at the ripe age of I assume 16 doesn't make your novel any more better than that of the man who wrote his life story as a marine and welder at age 37
you have no fucking idea what you're comparing yourself to, and I mean that in the most concrete literal sense. you do not.
that's not a novel

fd wrote: i think if i rely on word of mouth and social media more than books usually have i can get there because i think it's a solid and in many ways extraordinary book that people will want to tell their friends about.
word of mouth and social media?
surely no book has tried that before!
at least not the latter, yeah. they ran twitter accounts, they didn't try to get involved in the fandom community and get a bunch of rabid one-track tumblrinas to obsess over it

fd wrote:disregarding the fact that a book is much likely to become a best-seller if it's part of a series
lol
well it's true
fd wrote:. i obviously think it deserves to be a success, i think it should be a success and i think it can be a success
as an excersize i want you to ask yourself why you think that and write down the answers you come up with
(not to post here just as a personal reference)
i could post it here if you want, i can think of many things

genre crap wrote:the idea is that the market is ready for something that's not genre crap.
i mean
fantasy is a pretty oversaturated genre tbh
hardly. amazon says about 1/8th of novels released in the past 90 days were scifi or fantasy, and that's including postacock. besides "genre fiction" is snobspeak for "built on a categorical, formulaic plot and not an idea"

fd wrote: i'm trying to tap into the audience of people who don't usually read as well as win the acclaim of the critics.
a lot of authors try that. you need to know how
i know i might not succeed, i'm just laying out my strategy

food wrote:commies aren't actually opposed to making more money than other people
oh so youre one of those capitalist commies
cause most commies i met think capitalism should be purely abolished
capitalism is a class system where some people have capital and others don't and there is unequal opportunity. that should be abolished. market economy should be replaced by gift economy in the long term but that's mega long term.

keemstar wrote:i dont think 50% of debut novels are the works of chuck tingle
you will be sorely disappointed my friend. 50 shades of grey and twilight just off the top of my head, and those were """Good"""
Zilchexo
Zilchexo
Pedophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zilchexo September 12th 2016, 9:01 pm

samoyed wrote:wow flaming
you don't think you're being a little cocky
if you think most debut novels aren't written about as well as particularly decent fanfiction you're overestimating. how do you think the kids who write fanfiction and then go on to the big leagues transition? you think they go offline for a couple of years into their fortress of solitude and learn how to write? nope, that's not how writing works. most people's practice is english class, not writing short stories for their eyes only (this is literally the only other way i can think of to get better) because it's exhausting and pretty pointless.
if you think being better than readable fanfiction is a boast then slay me
Zilchexo
Zilchexo
Pedophile

Back to top Go down

Post by george lucas September 12th 2016, 9:04 pm

books dont just become bestsellers if they're in a series i could write 30 novels about ava and nobody would give a damn if they weren't interesting or were poorly written

also you have no plan going forward with marketing and no agent to market your book

also im not alone in thinking this draft of your book needs a lot of revision work before it can become a decent novel
george lucas
george lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next